Amazon introduced the ladies hiring occasion, Amazon WOW, in 2021. We needed to register on the amazon wow portal to entry it after which we obtain an invite to the examination.
Written Take a look at:
- Screening check (1 Simple coding query and laptop science fundamentals)
- Commonplace Amazon placement Take a look at (Debugging, coding, workstyles evaluation, aptitude)
Interview: For SDE 1, there have been 3 interview rounds. The examination outcomes had been launched in December 2021, and rounds of interviews had been deliberate for January by means of February 2022. Consequence bulletins had been made in March 2022.
Spherical 1: (Technical Interview): Period: 60 Minutes Platform: Amazon Chime
- This spherical began with the interviewer asking me to introduce myself. After a fast introduction, I used to be instantly requested the DSA query.
- Drawback 1: rework binary search tree to larger sum tree
- I used to be requested to put in writing a production-level code for a similar. I defined my method, carried out a dry run, and said time and house complexities.
- Drawback 2: find-maximum-possible-stolen-value-houses I defined my method utilizing Dynamic programming after which the interviewer prolonged the issue by stating that the n homes are actually in a round road. I defined my method, and its time and house complexity accomplished the code and carried out a fast dry run. The interviewer was fairly happy with this and the spherical ended with a number of behavioral questions.
Spherical 2: (Technical Interview): Period: 90 Minutes Platform: Amazon Chime
- I used to be questioned about one of many tasks listed on my résumé to begin this spherical of the interview. After an in depth dialogue, the interviewer offered the DSA query.
- Drawback 1: Given a matrix with every cell worth as ‘A’ or ‘G’ for military and gold respectively, such that we’ve consecutive military cells adopted by gold cells. We now have to output the row quantity that we must always select to steal such that we will encounter most gold cells.
- I defined the brute power method adopted by strategies to optimize the code. The interviewer gave me a touch which helped me provide you with probably the most optimum resolution potential. After finishing the coding half for a similar, we mentioned the time complexity of this method.
- Drawback 2: check-if-a-binary-tree-is-subtree-of-another-binary-tree He merely requested me to clarify the technique for this one and to point the time and house complexity for a similar as a result of we had been operating out of time.
- I requested the interviewer a number of questions on his work at Amazon to wrap up this spherical.
Spherical 3: (Technical Interview) Period: 60 Minutes Platform: Amazon Chime
- The supervisor started spherical three by asking me a number of behavioral questions concerning my tasks and internship. These questions are typically associated to Amazon’s Management ideas and you might be anticipated to focus on these qualities whereas answering them. After an in depth dialogue, he offered the DSA downside.
- Drawback 1: In a 2D matrix, given supply cell ( any matrix nook) and vacation spot cell ( any cell within the matrix), discover no cells to be traveled to succeed in the vacation spot cell such that we will solely comply with the diagonal path in a spiral vogue ( backside left and backside proper diagonal paths or prime left and prime proper diagonal paths)
- This spherical had a single coding query with a simple issue degree, however I used to be requested to put in writing the code in such a method that it may be generalized to vary the motion both from proper to left or left to proper with minimal alterations within the code.
Closing Verdict: I obtained an e-mail after virtually a month stating that I’ve been chosen as an SDE 1 at Amazon.
- Amazon closely depends on its 12 management ideas and expects the candidates to mirror these expertise. Be sure to word down at the least 2-3 management ideas that align along with your work in every of your tasks. When responding to the behavioral questions, emphasize these talents.
- Amazon offers utmost significance to the standard of code you write. A candidate is anticipated to put in writing production-level code which is clear, and nicely indented with correct variable names.
- Be sure to are thorough with DSA and OOPs ideas.
- Suppose loudly all through the interview course of, even when you find yourself coding. All the time spotlight the time and house complexities of your approaches.
- Take your time to understand the DSA downside and search clarification by asking questions on it.
- All the time exhibit curiosity within the job on the firm by asking the interviewer questions on the conclusion.